The encapsulation of downhole components such as Hydraulic Control Lines, Single Line Encapsulation, Dual-Line Encapsulation (FLATPACK), Triple-Line Encapsulation (FLATPACK) has become prevalent in downhole applications. The overlaying of plastic provides several benefits that help to ensure a successful completion.
Encapsulation keeps from metal to metal contact.
Encapsulation can provide protection to underlying components while in hole such as a lines that can be across a sand face or possibly in contact with a high rate of gas.
2507 Duplex is highly resistant to uniform corrosion by organic ac Super Duplex 2507 Plateids such as formic and acetic acid. It is also highly resistant to inorganic acids, especially if they contain chlorides. Alloy 2507 is highly resistant to carbide-related intergranular corrosion. Due to the ferritic portion of the duplex structure of the alloy it is very resistant to stress corrosion cracking in warm chloride containing environments. Through additions of chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen localized corrosion such as pitting and crevice attack are improved. Alloy 2507 has excellent localized pitting resistance.
● High resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking.
● High Strength.
● Superior resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion.
● Good general corrosion resistance.
● Suggested for applications up to 600° F.
● Low rate of thermal expansion.
● Combination of properties given by austenitic and ferritic structure.
● Good weldability and workability.